Based in Ukraine
Once upon a time, somewhere and somehow, Grim Reaper choose the wrong door. Angelo – young lazy bum, oh sorry - a blogger, powered by his blogger skills, must turn on “point-n-click adventure” mode, go around the whole inferno, meet locals, and get back. We made this Hell for you to enjoy.
The game was born in 2015, when one of the developers got ill. While suffering from high fever he has a dream, where he died and got to Hell. While dreaming, he thought that his place in Hell is an unfair choice and make a lot of efforts to ensure Hell’s administration that it is a big mistake. Everybody say that, was Hell’s answer. But our hero decided not to give up and, with point-n-click adventure mode enabled, make his way out of Hell to Heaven.
The morning after, he shared that crazy dream and that inspired us to create a game about blogger, who decided to visit Hell, shoot some cool videos and save his channel from dying.
Developing process was like one called “garage ”style. Script writing, drawing concepts, learning game engine – mix all of these in time and you can imagine, what was happening. The core team consisted of two people: writer and artist. They had to become level designers, game designers, testers and everyone they need to. We were trying to mimic some old classic adventures, so every time were struggling in searching for balance in art, difficulty, game pace. Our big desire was not only please old-time fans but bring new ones to the genre.
In 2018 game was nominated on DevGamm Moscow in categories Best Indie and Best Narrative.
- Expressive and vaguely similar to someone characters
- Helluva great looking levels (not pixel art!)
- Addictive and mind-blowing puzzles. You’ll have to think really hard, not as you always do in games
- Not pixel art graphics! (in case you missed the line above)
- Funny dialogues. The cocktail of humor and philosophy, highly recommended
- WARNING! There is a chance you’ll like hell and won’t be scared of it anymore
- You won’t forget character’s lines, even if you’ll try. Every one of them is a person and has its own problems. Who doesn’t, right?
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominee Best Indie Game in DevGAMM!" Moscow, 18 May, 2018
- "Nominee Excellence in Narrative in DevGAMM!" Moscow, 18 May, 2018
We're small indie studio from Ukraine and we're making top notch games for PC and mobile.
More information on Specialbit, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Angelo and Deemon: One Hell of a Quest Credits
UX/UI Designer, Project Manager
Business Development, Project Manager
Writer, Project Manager
C# Programmer, Unity Developer
C++ Programmer, Unity Developer
Level Designer, 2D Artist
2D Artist, Animator